Pharmacy and Miscellaneous: Silverware Bags
Made from Bleached Kraft
2.75 x 10
- Automatic: Also referred to as a Square Bottom, Carry Out or Self-Opening bag.
- Basis Weight: The finished weight of a paper based on a consistent industry standard.
- Dry Wax: A process in which the paper is waxed lightly on one side. The finished paper is also referred to as Dry Wax(ed).
- FDA Approved: Paper that meets all required Food and Drug Administration standards for direct food contact.
- Gusset: The sides of a bag, sometimes referred to as bellows, which are measured when open from front to back.
- Openside: A Pinch Bottom bag open on one side as well as the top, providing easy access for foods to be eaten directly from the package.
- Pinch Bottom: A bag style, available flat or gusseted, having a pinched bottom, as opposed to a formed square bottom.
- PMS Colors: The Pantone Matching System is an international printing, publishing and packaging color language providing an accurate method for selecting and matching color.
- Tin Tie: A re-sealable, fold-down closure used primarily for coffee-style bags.
- Waxed: A process in which wax is applied to paper.
Bag measurements are always expressed as:
Face x Gusset (Side) x Length
Face measured from side to side. Measure the open Gusset from front to back. Length is measured from the top to the bottom of the bag, not including the lip.
Automatic or Square Bottom bags are referred to in "pounds". 4#, 6#, 8#. 10# and 12# are available.
When describing a Window Panel bag, include the width of the window.
Dimensions are given in increments of not less than 1/8 inch.
To Determine Proper Packaging:
Identify the exact product to be placed in the bag or wrapper.
Deep fried or high butter or oil content products may require chemically treated paper to prevent absorption.
Product with high moisture content may require paper treated for grease and moisture barriers. Remember, once the barrier is breached with moisture, oil and grease will follow.
Waxed papers may also be used to provide grease and moisture barriers, as well as product release properties.
Foil or Spot Laminated papers can be used for situations where heat retention is required.
Your Stewart Sutherland representative will be happy to assist you in determining the most effective and economical packaging for your specific product.
Samples are available to assist you in determining the perfect size and material for your product.
- Back Copy: Printing over the back seam is never recommended. Please contact our Graphics Department for location of back seam.
- Bleed: A minimum of ¼" bleed top and bottom and from the face into the gussets is required. Window Panel Bags may not bleed from the paper into the window. An 1/8" no print zone is required.
- Electronic Capabilities: Submission of art on disk in a Macintosh program is recommended. Please contact our Graphics Department for further information
- Flood Coating: Solid background flood coating is not recommended, as any variance in ink consistency will appear as a blemish. WRAPS: 100% ink coverage on Wraps may cause "curl" and result in customer operational inconvenience.
- Overprinting: Overprinting of multiple colors may cause "puddling" and drastically affect drying and run times resulting in a more costly bag. Please consult our Graphics Department for additional information.
- Print Capacity: Maximum print capacity is four colors but varies with bag size and machine. Please call our Graphics Department for specific information.
- Print Tolerances: Allow for print tolerances of +/- ¼" from top-to-bottom and +/- 1/8" from side-to-side. French Fry and other small bags require only +/- 1/8" from top-to-bottom.
- Reverse Type: Always select a bold typeface when using reversed type to allow for "fill" during the printing process.
- Screens: A 65-line screen is required for all screens. Minimum screen is 10%. Screens may "fill" in the printing process.
- Templates: Bag and wrap templates are available. Please contact our Graphics Department for information.
- Trap: When two colors touch, a 1/16" trap is mandatory. Please keep in mind that the trap between two colors creates a third color. Always trap lighter colors into darker colors to keep the image sharp.
- Type: Use of a typeface with thick and thin strokes is not recommended, as they will "fill" in the printing process. Minimum type size is 10-point.
- Graphics: Our designers have specific knowledge of our print process and requirements. Graphics services are available and we encourage customers to utilize this service or to seek the advice of our professionals to assure a printable design.
Lead Time: Special Print Orders: Lead time is eight weeks from order receipt and approval of final art to the approximate ship date.
Stock Orders: Lead time is two weeks from order reciept.
West of the Rocky Mountains: Please allow extra time for shipment.
- Minimum Order: Minimum order for special print bags is 50M or 150M depending on size. Minimum order for special print wraps is 500M or 1MM depending on size. All orders are subject to a 10% overrun.
- Special Inks: Metallic, custom, very vivid or unusual inks may be subject to an upcharge.
- Plate Charges: Plates will be billed at cost for all new and revised designs. Please submit art or sample for quote.
- Print Charges: Print charges are based on 25% or less face coverage using standard inks and print methods. For special requirements, please call for information and charges.